Here are some examples of the great works that have been shown at this festival:
Have a Seat by Caroline Woolard

At night, Caroline Woolward fixed a dozen seats on street posts so people could take a rest:
I feel that this architectural intervention allows any pedestrian to experience the monotony of everyday life in a new way. Perhaps this small fissure in reality will open doors for the public to re-evaluate the status quo. [...]
Anyone can rest without removing themselves from the reality of urban bustle and going to a picturesque park.
Picture is from WMMNA where you can find also more info.
Waste Carrier by Gertrude Berg
Gertrude Berg made an outfit where she could store her personal trash sorted in different bags and carry it during the festival:For the duration of one week I will wear this uniform to all occasions, except for sleeping, and any other circumstances that would make it impossible for me to wear it. My interest lies in the experience of the extra weight on my body accumulated by waste material that normally is put out of ones sight as soon as possible. As bags could easily be subjects for suspicion in public places and on public transportation systems in NYC, I am also challenged by the reaction I will receive from the public and the officials.
Picture is from WMMNA where you can find also more info.
No comments:
Post a Comment